4/6/12

Cyberpunk Apocalypse Writer-In-Residence



I'm currently the writer-in-residence at the Cyberpunk Apocalypse house in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Cyberpunk Apocalypse is a collective of writers - Artnoose, who writes the long-running letterpress zine Ker-bloom!, writer/illustrator Daniel McCloskey, and Nate McDonough, who recently published his first graphic novel Don't Come Back - who host visiting writers for a month, giving them the time and space to finish projects and then share them with the people of Pittsburgh. Right now, I'm in the process of editing my next chapbook of poetry, which might be called The Best of All Possible Worlds - and might not.

The Greater Columbus Arts Council provided invaluable support that allowed me to pursue this residency. I'm consistently impressed by the service GCAC provides to artists, musicians, writers, and institutions in Columbus.

The video above is a reading of my poem "Why the Police Lieutenant Makes More Than the Assistant Professor (For Nathan Brown)" that I recorded on the roof of the Cyberpunk Apocalypse house. That poem will be included in my chapbook. It's a sneak-peek.

Other News:

* I featured Skylab's first artist-in-residence Jessica Langley's artwork on Beautiful/Decay.
* Nap published this great inside the inside of Alt Lit portrait by Peterbd.
* Zach Bodish, who I used to work with at the Wexner Center, found a Picasso print at a thrift store in Columbus.
* An interview with Spoonboy.

1 comment:

SARA DRAKE said...

will you ever make time to pick up your phone and call me?